Sunday, September 13, 2026

Turning 24 and My Knees Already Hurt

 Hi, friends! ♡ 

It's been months since I updated this blog and went through my reading list (if I haven't been to your blog yet, I'll be there!), but I'm always happy to be back here! I hope you are liking the new look ;)

On September 2nd, I turned 24. By some miracle, I didn't cry as I usually do on my birthdays, but nevertheless I enjoyed reflecting on everything I learned, achieved, and lost. Also, my new favorite thing to tell myself is "time will pass anyway."

My best friend made me a homemade birthday cake, flawlessly decorated by printed pictures of my–and our–favorite things. I cracked up when she pulled this out of the fridge. 😭

I still don't know how to feel about turning 24, if I'm honest. But I do know that I am excited too keep trying new things, like embroidery and jazz classes!

I don't remember mentioning wanting to try embroidery on my hobby blog post, but during my summer Texas vacation, I finally gave it a try! I started with a sample stitch kit, and I knew there was no going back as soon as I started reaching flow state. I kept thinking about how perfect it would be for my sewing projects.

As for dancing, I used to dance years ago, but the more I kept going back after burnout, the more inconsistent I became. In Puerto Rico, dance styles such as hip hop and reggaetΓ³n are the most popular, so 90% of dance schools offer classes of these styles or variations of them. I was honestly sick and tired of it. However, I was able to find a school where they teach jazz and ballet for beginners, so I went to my first jazz class last Thursday! 

I had the best time during the class; finally, I thought, something new!

The heaviness on my knees was also new.

As someone who regularly goes to the gym, I was very surprised about this. Well... not really, but I don't remember feeling that before when doing a squat! I just kept telling myself that I need to stretch better next time before class. 

What do you think? Is the knee pain part of a prophecy of what's to come after I turn 25 next year? 

All jokes aside, I think my favorite thing already that I've learned after turning 24 is that it's never too late to try new things. 24 is very young, but in a society where they make turning 30 seem like having one foot in a coffin, I feel weird. 

But at the same time so excited, I wonder about all the books I will have read and I'll the things I will have crafted by then! These are very small things to think about, but seeing where the world is headed, it's these little things that make me feel a little optimistic.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! So, you love Michael Jackson? Who knew!? That's great that you are trying new things. The jazz class sounds fun and when I was your age (cue the old timer music) I did embroidery and cross stitch. It's feels so good to accomplish a project when done. Today, I made a wine cork pumpkin for my oldest daughter's birthday next weekend. Welcome back to Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes, he's my favorite artist ♡ Although I'm still learning the basics of embroidery I'm becoming very curious about cross stitching to make bookmarks. And that gift sounds so fun, happy early birthday to your daughter! πŸŽ‚

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! I vaguely remember 24! Your jazz class sounds fun - keep at it! But maybe some yoga or stretches would help? I love birthdays and my younger son turns 21 tomorrow - Virgos are great! I remember feeling quite old when I was like 32 and I almost feel younger now? Aging is a funny thing. When I was 24 I thought 51 (my age now) was ANCIENT, but now it feels like I'm just getting started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I'll sure keep trying it, then my mom will soon get sick of me practicing my pirouettes HAHAH. I have yet to add yoga into my extracurricular activities, and now that you mention it, I'll be making it a priority.
      Happy birthday to your son! I'm so happy you say that because I'm a firm believer age is just a number and there's no limits to always doing cool stuff that keep you active and happy!

      Delete