Thursday, September 17, 2026

When it's finally Thursday

 Hi friends, this week was definitely something.

Despite some foot pain, missing my buses to uni, abominably stinky public transport, and keeping company to my best friend as she mourns the recent loss of her childhood dog, Ziggy; we were able to find some good moments in between, and those are the ones I remember the most. 

I started working on embroidering one of her sweaters. For context, I drew this absolutely horrible picture of her dogs. For some reason, we consider these type of drawings as the peak of comedy.


So, naturally, I thought it would be just as funny to recreate it in embroidery. 


Listen, you can tell I'm trying to wing the short and long stitch, but it's just so bad that I'm comforting myself by saying that it resembles the overlapping marker strokes we always did as kids. And the purple pen? it was the only thing I could find and everytime I look at it I shake my head at my rookie mistake. I have faith it can be removed, but my boyfriend says to leave it because it's his "aura." To which I responded, "fair enough."

That wasn't the only crafting I've been up to this week; I made my first cat plushie! I got this free happy cat sewing pattern from Ann Wood Handmade and didn't hesitate about starting this project. I had some extra fabric and filling lying around, so I immediately got to work. 1 hour and a half later, I ended up with this little guy!

I love him
I don't know what to name him yet, but I'm already thinking of making him a friend. I don't want him to be alone with my dinosaurs on my bookshelf!

I don't know what I'm gonna sew next yet, because lately I've been doing more low-energy hobbies since my university workload is getting heavier. I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 Online with my boyfriend and it's been great!
I'm reaching one of those points where I feel myself burning out, and it's these activities that help me slow down and take it easier. Thursdays are my favorite days of the week, because from Monday to Wednesdays I feel like I have a drill sergeant yelling "GO GO GO GO GO GO." So, yesterday I met with my best friend in the afternoon and went to the bookstore together.


One of our favorite things about coming here is buying nothing but comfort food. Especially the 3-cheese grilled cheese!


Actually, this time my best friend ended up getting it; instead I had the brioche french toasts with fruit. Since I already satiated my luteal phase cravings for cheese by walking to the grocery store for Velveeta Mac n Cheese, I decided to go for something sweet.


And ooooh my gosh, was it good.


I was also highly tempted by this cheesecake (as someone who doesn't really enjoy cheesecake), but maybe next time ;)

The newest reason why Thursdays are my favorite is because of my jazz dance classes! I recently bought half-soles so I didn't have to dance barefoot and miss my chance to improve pirouettes in class. They're so weird but so cool, and were a little more within my budget [and prettier] than the actual jazz shoes (why are they so hideous, by the way?).


My best friend is on her way to pick me up because she wants to watch me. So I'll leave you for now, until next time! ♡ 

Do you have any favorite days of the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment